There are many businesses that don’t realize that they could improve their bottom line by using Excell Solutions for machining in Burlington. We offer a wide range of services that can help you take your business to the next level.
What is Machining?
Many people think of machining as working with and creating metal products, but we can also work in many other materials. In addition to our sheet metal capabilities, steel, aluminum, and other common metals, we work in non-metal materials such as wood, rubber, ceramics, plastics, and rarer metals like tungsten and high nickel alloys. We produce both finished products and components for our customers.
There are three major types of machining: turning, milling, and drilling.
- Turning uses equipment such as lathes to spin the material against a cutting tool.
- Milling uses a rotating cutting tool called an endmill to cut the material.
- Drilling uses a rotating cutter, usually a drill press but sometimes a CNC mill or lathe. Drilling creates or refines holes in the material.
We also perform a variety of other tasks such as polishing, welding, 3D profiling, burnishing, and more. Using your specifications, we produce the exact item that you need. Our team has produced an incredible variety of items, from parts for bomb-destroying robots to optical lens housings to aircraft parts. Our parts are as physically far away from each other as possible, from the depths of the ocean to our earth’s orbit.
What Can We Do for Your Business?
Many business owners have great ideas but don’t always know how to turn them into a finished product. Our engineering department will work with you to troubleshoot and fine tune your design to be as manufacturable as possible. We can help recommend materials, and either work from your CAD drawings or help you to write up production specifications for your prototype. Once your final design is tested and complete we will produce the parts of the finished product on your timetable.
We have skilled machinists in several specialties.
- Turning – With Mazak and Mori Seiki turn-mills we work in tight tolerances to create high precision parts.
- Water Jet Cutting – Our jets reach 60,000 psi and can cut through rubber as small as 1/32 of an inch to steel as thick as battleship armor. Unlike heat and blade based cutting methods, water jets don’t cause stress or heat up the material.
- Fabrication and Welding – Our welders can perform TIG welding, MIG welding, spot welding, and weld cleaning in house, so you don’t have to wait for a subcontractor.
- Assembly – We can insert hardware and assemble your product here so it arrives ready-to-use.
- Inventory Control – We can package different components as kits so you don’t have to sort and separate – just grab and go.
For over 25 years, we have been helping businesses in the Burlington area with their machining needs. From troubleshooting the initial design to delivering a perfectly machined product, our highly skilled and experience team will surpass all of your expectations. If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, give us a call at 978-663-6100 and let us make all your problems go away!